AIS Math Support, Grades K-4
AIS reinforces classroom instruction of math concepts and facts through small group instruction.
Below you will find math tips on how to support your child at home.
Use questions to support your child with math homework.
- What is the problem asking you to do?
- Have you seen a problem like this before?
- Do you have another example that we can look at together to help solve this problem?
- Can you draw a picture or diagram to solve the problem?
Practice math facts on a nightly basis.
It is essential for students to memorize basic math facts! This will support them in solving more complex problems
without having to stop and calculate the answers to facts.
- Have fun with your child at home by turning fact practice into a game.
- Put math facts on flashcards and challenge your child to see how many facts they can answer correctly in 2 minutes.
- Chart their progress and celebrate their success!